What's the CFLA Difference?
Our Staff & Coaches
What is CrossFit?
CFLA In the Media
Get Started Here
- Coach Mike Burgener's Olympic weightlifting warm up
- complete 3 of each element before moving on
Dumbbell Squat Cleans
- jump and land. Violent! Go for it!
- Puts your back in a mechanically advantageous position with the load in front of your center of gravity.
- Keep your elbows up high, your back arched and chest up on this one.
- the strongest grip for lifts requiring power and a strong grip
- can be done with dumbbells or one single dumbbell
- start in jumping position, finish in landing position
- jump weight up.
- catch in deep squat.
Heaving Snatch Balance
- Heave the bar upward then drop into squat and catch. Feet start and finish in landing position.
Pressing Snatch Balance
- Press barbell overhead as you drop into a squat
- feet shoulder width apart
- keep bar "plumb" with the ground
- push shoulders up into ears
Order Andy’s Book
CFLA Upcoming Events
Mon, Apr 21 - Fri, Apr 25, 2014
We've worked hard during Cycle 4 - Time for Fun Week!
Fri, Apr 25, 2014
Body Spec Truck Onsite at CFLA
Body Spec is a very comprehensive body-comp analysis - and it's coming to CFLA!
Mon, Apr 28, 2014
Before we get rolling on Cycle 5, let's do some old school CrossFit workouts
Thu, May 01 - Sun, May 04, 2014
Bring A Friend Days!
Bring your friends and family in to see what it is you talk about so much
Sat, May 03, 2014
Summer Whole Life Challenge Begins!
Let's get back to it for 8 Weeks ... right before summer.
Mon, May 05 - Fri, May 09, 2014
Cycle 5 Testing Week!
Oh snap - our next 14-week cycle is beginning, and it's going to be great.
Dumbbell / Kettlebell
Strength / Power
Site by www.ottolejeune.com