What's the CFLA Difference?
Our Staff & Coaches
What is CrossFit?
CFLA In the Media
Get Started Here
DOWNLOADS (lists, forms, journals, etc)
Gymnastics & Weightlifting
Running, Cycling, Triathlon, Adventure Racing
Health & Nutrition
Weather, Ski, Surf, River Conditions
Equipment & Gear
Los Angeles Business Directory
Fire, Police, Military
- Coach Mike Burgener's Olympic weightlifting warm up
- complete 3 of each element before moving on
Dumbbell Squat Cleans
- jump and land. Violent! Go for it!
- Puts your back in a mechanically advantageous position with the load in front of your center of gravity.
- Keep your elbows up high, your back arched and chest up on this one.
- the strongest grip for lifts requiring power and a strong grip
- can be done with dumbbells or one single dumbbell
- start in jumping position, finish in landing position
- jump weight up.
- catch in deep squat.
Heaving Snatch Balance
- Heave the bar upward then drop into squat and catch. Feet start and finish in landing position.
Pressing Snatch Balance
- Press barbell overhead as you drop into a squat
- feet shoulder width apart
- keep bar "plumb" with the ground
- push shoulders up into ears
Order Andy’s Book
CFLA Upcoming Events
Mon, Dec 02 - Fri, Jan 10, 2014
Playtime Mini Cycle
Mini cycle of programming through the holidays for us to play, learn, and shine!
Sat, Dec 07, 2013
36th Annual Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run
We started a tradition last year - Let's keep it going!
Fri, Dec 13, 2013
CFLA’s Home for the Holidays Party!
Get out of your gym clothes, put on something nice, and let's celebrate the holidays together
Tue, Dec 17, 2013
No Noon or 1PM Class on Dec 17!
Attn: Go to class on Dec 17 - just not at noon or 1pm
Tue, Dec 24 - Tue, Dec 31, 2013
Holiday & Open Gym Schedule
For two weeks at the end of December, we don't have a regular schedule, but we have Open Gym! Check it out here.
Sat, Jan 11, 2014
Whole Life Challenge 2014!
Start the new year with new habits and a new commitment to health and fitness!
Dumbbell / Kettlebell
Strength / Power
Site by www.ottolejeune.com