Posted by Andy Petranek : Wednesday, Jun 05, 2013
You remember the 6 P's right? Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance? Well we're going to help you with this in your prep for the LA Tri. After all, the time is NOW. There are 19 weeks until race day (October 13). Yes, I know... seems like a long time... well, it's not. There are a bunch of things you're going to need / want to get done relatively soon so that you can begin training...
1. Make the commitment. Do it TODAY in comments - and then get your name on the board in the gym. Intention sets the rest of the process in motion.
2. Get a wetsuit. If you're a CFLA Member, you'll soon be getting your 60% discount code for a new wetsuit from our friends at XTERRA!
3. Get all your other gear together. Gather what you have, then make a list of what you still need. We'll be having a CFLA exclusive "newbie night" at our local Tri-shop, Triathlon Lab, soon during which you'll get BIG discounts on much needed gear.
3. Figure out your training schedule. It just so happens that world class Triathlete coach Jamie Silber is one of our CFLA community members! We will be developing a 15-week training schedule complete with free organized local Saturday clinics and workouts designed to make your first Triathlon a great experience through the months of July, August and September. On top of that, we'll be sending you a simple at-home training program that will complement your CrossFit training and make sure you're prepared.
4. Start training. It's not too early to start adding short runs, rides or swims to your current workouts. I've started to do an easy mile or two run after my training days at CFLA - boom... simple.
5. Fundraising. Yes... fundraising! We will be working with Dogtown CrossFit on a way for us to harness our Triathlon commitment to participate in their annual fundraiser, Crush Cancer. In case you didn't already know, Crush Cancer is Dogtown's annual fundraiser done in October that supports Stand Up 2 Cancer - and it happens to be the day before the LA Tri. We'll to be sending a CFLA crew to the Crush Cancer Event on Saturday AND the rest of us triathletes will be helping to Crush Cancer from the sea, on two wheels and on foot - the day after.
Next time you come into the gym, look at the board at the top of the stairs - and get your name down on the list. We have no expectations about being 'good' - this CFLA team is for 'fun-lovers' ONLY! We'd love to have a group of at least 50 of us out there doing it together!! Join us!
Team Fran’s Friend (2 person teams)
30 Thrusters (95/65)
- each partner does all reps written
- partner (b) starts 30 thrusters after partner (a) finishes 30 thrusters
AND COMING WEDNESDAY (NO CAP)
A) EMOM 7
3 OHS (72.5%-75 of 1RM snatch across)
B) EMOM 5 - one max set of dips
C) 5 rds on the 2 (1:1) of:
5 Sq Cl @ 67.5%-70% (must be able to complete in :30)
max set strict pullups
D) 4min row for distance